Saturday, October 10, 2009

REALLY... Snow??

Well, today it happened.  Mark the day, October 10th... it snowed.  I am sure that isn't completely unheard of in other parts of the country, but to this Bama girl it is surreal!  I wish I had taken a picture of it because there was about half an inch on the ground and a layer of GREEN leaves on top.  I couldn't help but wonder if Mother Nature was a little confused.  
We didn't let the snow slow us down.  This has been homecoming weekend at YC and so we went to the Volleyball game last night (which Coop LOVED and Calleigh hated it... but only because it was so loud) and to Alumni Chapel and the Choir concert this morning.  It was nice to see some faces from early in our work here and to hear President Eckman speak this morning AND hear the choir.  Both kids were really good for the 2 and a half hours, but were glad to get home.  
Tomorrow we go to Omaha to pick up Mrs. Lones and we look forward to a great 2 weeks with her.  I leave on Tuesday for my DC trip and I am so excited.  Pictures to come...

No comments: