Monday, April 26, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
- a household on the mend
- a child absorbing everything and repeating everything :)
- a child who not only had gotten his appetite back, has suddenly become interested in new foods again!
- one child sleeping so I can spend quality time with the other.
- a child who's new favorite toy is "big" legos. (Coop is in his own world when he plays with them and constantly is saying "oh no" or "uh oh")
- a husband who is finally able to sleep again
- a phone call to my parents
- having sunlight lighting up my living room.
- remembering all of these things come from the Lord. (James 1:17)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Thank you to Sarah for always, always treating my children as her own and taking them in several times over the past 2 weeks within MINUTES of a panicked phone call from me.
- Thank you to Candi for offering several times; neigh, really, really wanting to help us with whatever we needed.
- Thank you to Lindsey for taking the kids today for the 3 hours while I covered one of Billy's classes and my own. She had her 2 kids and 3 other kids ALL BY HERSELF and she WANTED to take in my kids. Needless to say, my children loved her and all the kiddos they got to play with (Cooper cried the whole way home begging to go back).
- Thank you to Amber and Marti and their love for Cooper and their weekly playdates with Cooper. To top of that long day, they came BACK 2 hours later and kept both kids while I took Billy to supper for his birthday! They are so good to us!
- Thank you to Barb for taking my kids on Friday for several hours so I can get some work done and so Billy can get some rest.
- Thank you to Gail, Kimberlee, Summer, and Kami for the facebook "stalking" and offers to help. I particularly loved Summer's offer to go get kleenexes for us! Talk about being specific! :)
- Thank you to Becky for the offer to help and even bring us dinner, but most especially for fielding nursing questions on her day off because I am too embarrassed to call the clinic AGAIN!!!
- Thank you to Cathy for the AMAZING (I'm not kidding) supper that she brought us. YUM! YUM! YUM!
- Thank you to the nurses and doctors at the York Medical Clinic who fielded SO many calls (and visits) from me as a concerned wife and mother. Boy... I am so glad they haven't run scared when they saw my number pop up on caller ID.
- Thank you to our bosses for being so understanding and willing to work around Billy's "sick time" schedule.
- And thank you to all the countless friends who have prayed for Billy or my kids and for those who continue to ask how we are doing. I also appreciate the random visit from Rick yesterday to check on us. My son was so excited to see him because he thought Rick was coming by to take him "bye-bye". Ha!
Yesterday, my beloved husband turned 35. While the day came and left quietly, it marked a momentous day for him. It was at this age that Billy’s father had a heart attack and this has been a point of great concern for Billy for years. He has seen this date as a “looming, dark cloud” and he has been motivated over the last year to get in shape. I am SO proud of him… he has lost 20 pounds!
So here is my Gratituesday subject… Billy. There are so many reasons to love, appreciate, honor, and respect him, so I am going to list a few of those.
- Billy is the most amazing chef
- Billy LOVES to cook (lucky me!!!)
- Billy is a Christian man
- Billy is a wonderful provider that put family above a lucrative career
I respect Billy for…
- His keen mind
- His relationship with his parents
- His adoration for our children
- His hands on approach with our kids
I appreciate Billy for…
- All the times he has gotten up in the middle of the night with a baby
- all the meals that he cooks after a long day at work
- co-parenting with me
- loving and caring about my family like they were his own
- loving me, even when I am unlovable
- all the things I am forgetting and never giving me a hard time for it J
Over all, I am grateful for Billy being in my life and taking care of me. I am one blessed woman!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Well, the sun has set on another magnificent Sunday, I was greatly blessed by it. We enjoyed a morning of singing and reading scripture at church and then an excellent meal at Kerry's. (Don't be surprised, but we ate too much!)
We made it home in time to QUICKLY take some pictures of the kids and then whisk them off to bed. Neither made a peep for a couple of hours and so Billy and I enjoyed naps too. When we all woke up we headed outdoors for the most beautiful afternoon.