Monday, April 26, 2010

A little out of the ordinary...

So today's post won't be typical... I want to ask everyone who reads my blog to pray for Tyson Lewis. He is a freshman at YC and he is in Congestive Heart Failure. He is a VERY kind and faithful young man who beat cancer 11 years ago (he lost his leg to it) and unfortunately, they have yet to figure out WHY his heart is SO enlarged and WHY only 20% of it works. Today the doctors on Omaha are taking a biopsy of his heart (a concerning procedure all on it's own) and they hope to get results in a few days. Unfortunately, (as his dad has said) if this doesn't yield results, Tyson's options are limited. Please pray that a cause and solution are found with this procedure. He and his family have already experienced SO much pain already. I can't imagine what this scary time is like for them.
Tonight, I have organized a "Prayer Walk" at a local park for women from the college, church, and community to come and pray. It will likely be a cold night (and maybe even wet), but my understanding is that God listens to prayers no matter what the weather! :) I have encouraged the ladies who attend to bring a flashlight for the obvious reason, but ALSO because I hope that as drivers by see flashlights, they might wonder what is going on. I couldn't help but think of this as an opportunity to be "a light to the world". If you are not in York, PLEASE join us (from afar) and lift this family up at 9pm with us. Psalms 54:2

In Lones family news, we took pictures this weekend at JCPenney's and while we didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, there are a few good ones. See for yourself (customer's name: CHRISTI LONES). We ended up spending the day in Lincoln running all over town. We got a lot done and found a few bargains.
I realized this morning that in less than a week, Calleigh turns ONE. One week from today, we begin finals at the college. Two weeks from today, we will be arriving in Alabama. CRAZY!!! I just hope we have time for everything.

No comments: